Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Jaded me

I'm tired. Been doing nothing for days. Not exactly nothing, i've been surfing the net, chatting, posting at Girltalk, and blogging.. take note: in the office!!

Ok, I've been working here for 4 months already. They should give me more projects!! I don't know if I'm lucky to get paid for nothing. I'm supposed to undergo a 6-month training. But right now, I'm not doing anything. I was given a project that doesn't need a lot of thinking. Is it because i'm a trainee or is it because i'm a lady engineer working in a testosterone-dominated company?

Why do i feel that people here (my co-workers) don't take me seriously? They think i'm just another girl who's never good at anything but shopping. They would sometimes explain to me that the current is equal to the voltage divided by the resistance. I mean...hello?!? I'm an engineer. I know Ohm's Law more than any other laws in the universe!

Well maybe if Elle Woods is to law, me is to engineering. Hahaha! Its just so funny that my coworkers alert me on which mall is having their midnight sale and the schedules of bazaars and tiangge blah blah blah. As if that's the only thing I care about. That's unfair! I'm more than that. I'm way beyond that.

I don't need to prove myself to anybody. I spent my entire college life doing that. And I'm tired. I don't need their opinions, anyway. I believe in myself, even if no one else will believe in me.

*****************************


"Women are judged inferior until we prove ourselves. Men are judged superior until they prove what assholes they are." (Nothing Last Forever by Sidney Sheldon) hehehe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, you dont need to prove anything. you can anyway, do ur best in whatever task they assign you without thinking of proving yourself to them.

I think ganyan tlga, i'm sure kya di ka pa nla binibiggyan ng challenging work kasi trainee ka plang. Yun nga lang, nakakabored talaga, hehehe just treat it as a test of patience.

jerald

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home