Thursday, October 14, 2004

Let's talk about (a little bit of) politics

Ok no rants for today. There are more important things than my ruined nail polish because some guy at the MRT stepped on my foot or my aching body due to my ever strenuous workout or my mishaps because of the so-called Murphy's Law . Lo, no egoistic entry for today. =)

I was reading the Philippine Daily Inquirer the other day when Conrado de Quiros' column, There's The Rub, caught my attention. The article was entitled Still, Hunger. Let me give you a very brief summary of the article if you're too tired to read lengthy stuff, although i still recommend you to read the full article.

This is about the food coupons that Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is giving away to the poorest of the poor. Sounds generous, huh? But we all know there's an ulterior motive for this. Almost everyone would agree that this idea is all bullsh*t. As De Quiros pointed out clearly in his analogy: It is giving people fish after robbing them of the means to catch fish.

I get so frustrated everytime I look at my payslip and see the deductions column. The tax I pay monthly to the government is more than the total of my three days salary. I can't even spend that amount of money in one shopping day. Oh... I'm ranting again, sorry I can't help it, because the worst thing about this is that I know that the taxes I'm paying goes directly to the pocket of some greedy politicians (isn't that redundant?). This is one of the worst feelings... you know you're being robbed but you can't do anything about it. These people have the power, they have control. And what do I have? Just this blog to complain about their money-hungry asses.

Countless unemployed Filipinos, homeless street children, people dying of poverty... there are millions. I'm beginning to lose hope. I'm feeling sorry for these people. I feel sorry for us, Filipinos, who will never have a taste of the good life because it was already stolen from us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://cukopfdw.com/tjbj/seqv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://trkuamwr.com/cclv/xpyh.html]Cool site[/url]

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home