Monday, October 18, 2004

Vagina Blog

In an episode of Sex and the City (Ep 50 The Real Me), Charlotte has a Vulvodynia. In layman's term, her vagina is depressed. Her gynecologist advised her to make a vagina journal. So when she told the girls about this, naturally, their reactions were:

Miranda (sarcastically): What...a dear-vagina-why-so-blue kind of journal?
Carrie (in a sheepish voice) : Dear Vagina, guess who I have a crush on? *smirks*
Charlotte: No! Its more like... itchy today? not itchy.

I wonder....how does a vagina journal look like? *grins*

I found a very funny thread in one of my favorite forums (or fora? hehe!), Girltalk, the topic is "If your vagina could speak". This was inspired by the book The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler. If your vagina could speak, what would it say? Here are some of the responses from the Girltalkers, they're so hilarious!

"I'm in drought!!"

"I'm sick and tired of waiting!"

"I need another corn dog!"

"When am I going to get some action?!?"

"I'm so tight dearie, I'd better try loosening up a bit!"

"I'm dead tired...give me some rest honey!"


I remember a classmate in high school named Gina. We used to call her Gina Vagina (Gina, pronounced rhyming vagina). We're not actually making fun of her name. Well, okay sort of... but with her consent! Hahaha! She laughs with us about that. Oh those crazy high school days when saying the word "vagina" makes you blush because you feel that people who hear you might think you’re a pervert or something.

Its funny how we can openly and loudly say that word today. And even discuss about its needs and wants...in an appropriate manner, of course. Is it because of the power that women have today? Where did that power came from anyway? From the vagina? Uhmm...so which came first, the chicken or the egg? That, i wouldn't know. I'm just glad that "Vagina" is now making a big name for herself. Kudos to women!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...... interesting.....hehehe. *wink*

jerald

11:07 PM  
Blogger lornadahl said...

Hi, this is lornadahl from girltalk. Got your link from crazybitch's blog. Hope you don't mind my invasion. =)

Vagina journal, eh? That sounds a cool idea for a new blog. Hehe. "Do I need a haircut today?" or "Do I need to workout today?" Hahaha. Wicked.

It is pathetic how some girls deprive themselves of that power to say the word "vagina". What's wrong with it? It's a clinical term, right? Empowered women, unite! =)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home