Thursday, December 21, 2006

5 Great lessons I learned this year.

5. Your beauty is going to go. Concentrate on your brains - Maria Shriver's mom. Although I'm never going to neglect taking care of myself and striving hard to make myself to look very pleasing everyday, that quote has somehow changed how I would want to become when I grow old. I think in my old age, I wouldn't want my face to be stretched and everything in my body lifted. I would want to have gained wisdom and knowledge that even old age could never take away from me.

4. Accept loss forever - Jack Kerouac. There are lots of things I lost this year. But after losing a dear coworker last November, I have learned to accept that there are things (and people) that you just have to let go. And just accept the bitter fact that they're never coming back. It will defintely help you move on.

3. It's always better to give than to receive (rephrased by me). And I really need to put "always" in that sentence. It gives me great joy to just give. If only everyone could be selfless and just give, I think they would really find great joy too.

2. Always trust your instincts. It will save you from a lot of heartaches.

1. Just love. Without asking for anything in return. I once read from a Sheldon novel (The Other Side of Midnight, I think) that more crimes are committed in the name of love than in the name of hate. I say, it's not love. When you love, you let go, you just give, you don't ask for anything in return. You just love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home