Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Target: 50 Books

I was looking at the list of books I read in 2005 and 2006 and, boy, I was surprised I could count them in just one hand. Well, actually, I have already started reading some books but I was just able to finish 5 in 2005 and 5 in 2006.

2005
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- Waiting by Ha Jin
- Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon
- Identity by Milan Kundera

My note: Most of these books in 2005 are the best (ever!)


2006
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
- Sands of Time by Sidney Sheldon
- Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon
- The Other side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon
- Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella

(yes! I'm a huge fan of Sheldon)

I am currently (or at least have started) reading the following:
- Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes (Hilarious!)
- Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Quite dragging, but I'm sure the reading experience is all worth it. Just like Lolita)
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (Really thick book. At least 700 pages. And very tiny font. But will finish this. Seriously!)
- Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynn Truss (For sticklers like me. Nice Brit humor)

I really need to read more books! And I really really need to finish reading those 4 listed above. I promised myself to read at least 1 book a week. I was so inspired by the blogger known as "Doppelganger" and Ms. Jessica Zafra's habit of reading 50 books a year. So I need to add 46 more books to the list above. And finish reading them all. Seriously! I mean it, seriously!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home