Monday, October 25, 2004

Bus Ride

My friend, Jen, and I were talking the other day and she told me, "You'll only have one great love in your life." This has been a topic in one of the episodes of Sex and the City too. But there, Charlotte said you'll have two great loves. So which is true?

The answer hardly interest me. I don't believe on those things. Whoever said that in the journey called life, there's only one bus. And once you missed it, you'll never see another bus again. Then, what will happen to you? Trapped in that place forever? Scary thought, or even more so.. lonely thought!

Whatever happened to the "try and try until you succeed" cliche. If there's only one great love in your life, and you failed to keep it, would you still continue to try knowing that there won't be any other as great as that? Isn't that "one great love" idea so pessimistic? I thought every single woman is dying to meet "the one" a.k.a. Mr. Right that they try so hard to find him and mistakenly identify every guy they date as Mr. Right. Is "the one" equal to "your one great love"? How would you know that the bus had passed by and you just missed it? Okay this is sounding like one of those Carrie Bradshaw monologues. I need to stop questioning!!

Many people say that searching for that great love could be like searching for a needle in a haystack but whoever said there's only one needle in the haystack. And heck, if the needle is in the haystack, I won't waste my time trying to find it. I would buy another one. That would make the task a lot easier. Buy? Ooops! Bad analogy! Hehe!

Back to the bus analogy... Is the bus the only ride I could take to get home? Well sure I could take a cab or ride the train or maybe even drive my own car. But who knows... maybe one day a helicopter might come along and take me to places where the bus could never take me to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home