Monday, February 28, 2005

Moon River

I have loved the song Moon River even before I saw the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. My dad used to listen to those classics when I was young. It was funny because when I was in grade school, my classmates would ask me for the lyrics of the song and they would even ask me to teach them how to sing it. And I know that by heart.

In SATC Episode 66 I Heart NY, they played Moon River at the end of the show. This episode, I believe, was dedicated to the 9/11 victims. I remember that last scene when Carrie was walking along Fifth Avenue passing by Tiffany's while this song was playing in the background. That was beautiful. Just like Audrey's.

Music artists love to have their own version of this song. Louis Armstong, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Sarah Brightman, Andy Williams, Ray Charles and all the others. And recently, one of my favorite American Idol 4 finalists, Anwar Robinson, also did a very good rendition of the song.(http://www.americanidol5.com/audio/seasonfour/top24/Anwar Robinson - Moon River.mp3)

But my ultimate favorite is definitely the original... Henry Mancini's version.
Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.

Having said all that, I want this song to be played in all the special occasions in my life. Even to my death. Hehehe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! it's such a nice song. but you know what I am reminded of when I hear moonriver? some blockmate of mine who sings that song when we have a test and he doesn't know how to answer it. it's tragic! haha =)

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home